Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
An introduction to screen printing using stencils
Learn the basics of screen printing in this fun 3 1/2 hour workshop for beginners. After an introduction to screen printing and an explanation of the different methods used, students will turn their own artwork into a stencil, prepare a screen and print their designs.
Students will learn about ink colours and using different placements of their design to create a pattern.
No previous experience required.
PLEASE NOTE: Screens are not pre prepared, students will be hand cutting their own stencils on the day using a craft knife. If you prefer a shorter class where screens are already prepared please see our social screen printing events.
This is an ideal workshop for anyone wanting to learn about screen printing and leave with the skills to continue printing at home or progress to a more advanced workshop.
The workshop length may vary slightly depending on the number of bookings.
Kitty Cardwell from Mrs C and Me is a Sydney-based illustrator and printmaker who runs kids and adult print workshops as well as selling a range of handmade greetings cards and prints
- The basics of screen printing
- Learn about the different screen print methods and processes
- How to cut out stencils and prepare screens
- A leaflet explaining how to print at home and where to buy supplies
- Your designs printed onto a tote bag or tea towel (extra can be purchased on the day for $6 each)
- Your ideas for a design
- Casual clothes that are ok to get ink on
Casual clothes, Aprons will be provided but we will be working with fabric inks that can stain clothing.
Adults and teenagers 14+