Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
DIY patches! Screen print your own patches
Who doesn’t love a cute patch to brighten up a bag, pockets or jean jacket? In this fun 2 hour workshop you will learn how to screen print your design onto patches.
Some ideas and inspiration for the patch design are included or you are welcome to bring along your own sketch or image you would like to use.
The pre made patches are 8cm diameter, images should be no larger than that. As the stencil will be cut out using a craft knife or scissors its best to stick to simple shapes for your design.
In this workshop you will learn:
- How to turn an idea into a sketch which is then cut out to make a stencil
- How to screen print your image onto pre made patches
- How to make a patch of your own chosen size and shape
All materials needed to print onto your 4 pre made patches are included
Extra materials provided for those who want to make their own patch from scratch (time permitted)
You will leave with at least 4 super cute patches made all by yourself
We will be working with fabric inks, aprons are provided but wear something its ok to get ink on just in case
- The basics of screen printing,Learn about the different screen print methods and processes
- How to cut out stencils and prepare screens
- How to make a patch
- At least 4 screenprinted patches
- Your ideas for a design
- Casual clothes that are ok to get ink on
Casual clothes, Aprons will be provided but we will be working with fabric inks that can stain clothing.
Adults and teenagers 14+